Dragaera

Prejudice against undead

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue Jun 6 13:24:03 PDT 2006

John Hutton <porthos at calweb.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
06/06/06 01:14 PM
Please respond to
porthos at calweb.com

dragaera at dragaera.info
cc

Subject
Re: Prejudice against undead

>[NOTE::: Sorry about the duplicate, Jon... I accidently sent my reply
>originally only to you, and not the list proper.]

No problem, I'm used to dupes anyway.

>Delurking for a moment...
>
>The exact textev is:
>
>I said, "Evidently the nerves have been damaged, too; I can't feel your
>charming, cold, undead fingers."
>
>/Issola/ HB pg 191
>
>Relurking.....

This is interesting, in that it does imply that Vlad *has* felt her cold,
undead fingers at some point in the past.

He may thus be in a good position to judge whether she has a beating
heart. While coldness of the flesh doesn't guarantee that she has no
heartbeat, it certainly leans in that direction. Either that or she's a
snake or a lizard. (Or a Dragon? ;-) )

Majikjon