Dragaera

Taltos

Tue Jun 6 17:20:55 PDT 2006

Debby Corey wrote:
> This may have been mentioned in the past (most questions have at some point or
> time in all lists) but I was just rereading Taltos and came across Vlad's first
> meeting with Morrolan.
>
> In the first paragraph, Morrolan has ". . hair was very dark, straight, and long
> enough to cover his ears." Five paragraphs later, it reads: "His hair was black
> and shoulder-length and curly and just a bit neglected."
>
> Hmmm.  Something not caught in editing? Or a Dragaerian trait? Just curious.

Vlad was probably just mis-remembering.

Since /Taltos/ was narrated some weeks or months after the events it
describes, he may have just been getting Morrolan's hairstyle *then*
confused with his hairstyle in the *now*.

Vlad doesn't remember a lot of things very well... That foolish old man
who paid Vlad to speak into a silver box obviously got ripped off.

Majikjon