Dragaera

Dragaeran games and s-words...

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue Jun 13 08:58:08 PDT 2006

Ken Koester <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
06/13/06 08:48 AM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Dragaeran games and s-words...

>Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
>> On 6/13/06, Ken Koester <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov> wrote:
>>

>> I believe you have fallen victim to one of the classic blunders with
>> regards to Issola.
>>
>> An Issola who has learned the game throroughly will no doubt play
>> honte, right up until the point where it is appropriate to play
>> hamete.  And will then surprise you.
>>
>I  think not.  It is *never* appropriate to play hamete; a correct
>response always leaves one worse off.  One would have to assume one's
>opponent a fool, and that seems a most unlikely assumption for an Issola.

It may be appropriate for an Issola to behave as if he believes his
opponent is a fool, even (perhaps especially) if that isn't what he really
thinks.

And it may be appropriate to play the game poorly, lest his arms be ripped
from their sockets by an angry Dzur.

Majikjon

-I suggest a new strategy--let the Dzurlord win!