Dragaera

Multi-jointed fingers

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Jun 15 10:34:28 PDT 2006

"Joy Nicholson" <joyjnicholson at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
06/15/06 10:19 AM

"Martin Wohlert" <martin_wohlert at hotmail.com>
cc
dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject
Re: Multi-jointed fingers

>On 6/15/06, Martin Wohlert <martin_wohlert at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure it would be much harder keeping Aliera's mother a secret if
she was
>> "mutated" like that. I'm sure Vlad would have mentioned it sometime.
And,
>> consequently I don't see why Devera would look like that.
>>

>Is Aliera's maternity a secret?  I've always wondered whether being
>only half Dragon could have disqualified Aliera from being heir.

Verra was revealed to be Aliera's mother near the end of /Phoenix/... So
it *was* a secret for the first four and a half books of the Vlad
series... (This could be called the greater Phoneix spoiler, I suppose...
but it's old enough that it probably doesn't need spoiler warnings.)

I wouldn't expect that having a mother who is a god (and the patron god of
many members of your house) would be held against you...rather the
reverse.

I would expect only the Lyorn (or perhaps the Phoenix) would have a
problem with this parentage.

Majikjon