Dragaera

Multi-jointed fingers

Thu Jun 15 11:33:17 PDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Of course, if Paarfi is actually Sethra, then "he" almost certainly knows,
> eh?

Yep.

> Aliera doesn't really try to make any secret of the fact, however. (If so,
> why reveal such information in front of Vlad? Or Aibynn?)

Joy's original question was:

   Is Aliera's maternity a secret?  I've always wondered whether being
   only half Dragon could have disqualified Aliera from being heir.

Aliera didn't reveal anything to Vlad, did she?  And Aibynn wouldn't be
listened to by anyone if he were inclined to blab.  And Aliera isn't
the heir by that point, given the events of _Y_.

> Or was it your point that /The Phoenix Guards/ was not available by Vlad's
> time? (In that Vlad was born in 221, and TPG is not published by Paarfi
> until 309?) This I will certainly conceede, and substitute the phrase
> "Vlad's approximate time".

Well after questions about who is heir are irrelevant.  My point was more
that Vlad has read Paarfi but Vlad != the masses, that what Vlad read
!= _TPG_ in all likelihood, and maybe other stuff which is anyway moot.

On the side, one wonders if the Orb has its own House-detection module.
The Cycle may not want a Yendi on the throne except when It says so.