Dragaera

Multi-jointed fingers

Thu Jun 15 12:47:40 PDT 2006

>From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
>To: dragaera at dragaera.info
>Subject: Re: Multi-jointed fingers
>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
>

>She might not be able to prove it - she is likely genetically Dragon.

Are you forgetting that in Issola, Aliera was, presumably, able to
"teleport" herself to Verra's Halls, or at least some place where she can
communicate with Verra? If she could manage to convince Verra to appear
before the Dragon Council, which I believe would be the truly hard part, and
claim Aliera as her daughter, would the Council dare refute or question her
word? She has a certain reputation, but Aliera would never lie about her
parentage either, it's not honorable.

And I use the "half-glimpsed" instance from Issola because it was Aliera's
will, again presumably, that she be transported there and effected the
change herself, compared to Pheonix (i believe?), where the transport was
made with the aid of the music. Either way, if she knows a way to
communicate with Verra (and dont forget about M's windows either...) and her
parentage would get her out of being heir, I imagine she would tell the
Council. As long as nothing that you noted comes up though, as you say she
might have had her own reasons for holding that information back, including
her honor at being removed as heir in that way