Dragaera

Multi-jointed fingers (and houses)

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Jun 19 09:25:18 PDT 2006

Chris Olson wrote:

>Scott Schultz wrote On 06/19/06 07:23,:
>> The books, which are the authoritative evidence, don't support any such
>> conclusions.
>
>LOL.  I agree, but that's funny, considering the author loves
>contradictory "evidence".  As for conclusions: given all the evidence,
>one could support a variety of conclusions, most of which would change
>upon Steve hearing about it and deciding to be a contrary punk, which he
>evidently enjoys being. :)

True, but the works are still the authoritative source.   The "Bible" so
to speak.   When George Bernard Shaw tells us that Eliza married Freddy,
it doesn't mean he's correct - because he didn't put it in the
_Pygmalion_.     (Or My Fair Lady, where Freddy of the movie later
became Sherlock Holmes).  He was just speculating the way we do.

What is interesting about the Dragaeran universe is that Steve has
created various levels of authority.    We know that his characters
aren't always interested in complete accuracy - even his 1st person
characters.     But that's true in real life, and we can sometimes
evaluate which statements are more likely to be true within the context
of the novels.