Dragaera

Paarfl?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:22:00 PDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Jon_Lincicum wrote:
> "Davdi Silverrock" wrote:
>
> >On 6/24/06, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it is a term that means something neither meat nor milk....
> >>

> >Hm.  Perhaps Paarfl is a character from that famous play,
> >/Teckla on the Roof/?
> >

> >If I had a title,
> >Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum
> >All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
> >If I were a titled man.
> >
> >[later]
> >
> >Have I made a match for you!
> >He's handsome, he's young!
> >Alright, he's 2002.
> >But he's a nice man, a good catch, true?
> >
> >And so on and so forth.
>
> No, no, I think you're thinking of Tevna.
>
> Furnace-rise,
> Furnace-set,
> Furnace-rise,
> Furnace-set,
> Slowly, through the cycle...

Sure, it's Tevna who is the main character, and who sings that song,
and the first one I quoted from.  But Paarfl is in there too, as one
of Tevna's daughter's love interest.  As we hear in the famous chorus
of:

And such a son-in-law
Like no-one ever saw
The writer Paarfl Rundwald

Of course, Paarfl is chronically unsuited for marriage, and wacky hijinks ensue.