Dragaera

Dzur review

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:25:16 PDT 2006

This is the first I've heard of this. I know of authors who feel
understandably uncomfortable with Amazon's policy of advertising
cheaper, used copies of a book on the same page as new copies, and
I've heard from other authors that books sold through Amazon get
marked up substantially; but I've never heard any suggestion that
author's royalties get marked down. SF author Jerry Pournelle's
booklist links to Amazon
(http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reviews/books.htm), and one of his
major foreign correspondents (Francis Hamit) writes occasionally about
his experiences selling Amazon shorts, and neither has ever mentioned
that an Amazon sale pays any less than any other chain. If true, it
would be a bit alarming to those of us who are interested in making
sure the bard gets paid.

-Max Wilson