Dragaera

What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 23:51:15 PDT 2006

On 6/28/06, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:

> "I assure you, in the small fishing village I come from it forms the
> sole topic of conversation."

I was sufficiently intrigued by the form of the above quote that I
wondered if it was a quote or paraphrase of something else.  The web
itself yields no meaningful hits, but Google groups has the following
two posts.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.sf.fandom/msg/9dd2b52aa38c110e?dmode=source

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.sf.fandom/msg/e5432d84c812b3e8?dmode=source

Given who the writer is, I believe we can conclude that there is a
definite connection to the line in /Dragon/, but the dates of posting
are after the publication of that book, so we cannot decide which way
the influence went.