Dragaera

What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

Thu Jun 29 22:25:36 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Maria Manemann <Markleaf at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>  > * Far too much potato soup
>>
>>      I believe both of these refer to "Phoenix". The former to when Vlad
>> is planning his assassination of the King; the later to his captivity
>> after he gets caught.
>
> Do you know, I think you may have entirely got it.
>
> I could have sworn there was a another reference to Vlad being held
> captive in the East which involved the potato soup, but after checking
> using Amazon, I seem to have imagined it.
Well, Vlad's meals when captive on Greenaere are pretty accounted for
(he lists them) and involve no mention of potato soup.

Interestingly, Potato soup *is* mentioned in /Brokedown Palace/ as a
part of the feast for Miklos during his return to the family.

So, potato soup is common in the east. Vlad has been to the east, which
is outside of the Empire. He's been imprisioned outside of the empire,
and that imprisonment resulted in far too much potato soup. It's not too
far a leap to imagine that this all might have happened in Fenario.

Perhaps this is where this thought came from? (I seem to recall making
this as a speculative point some time back on the wiki...)

Majikjon