Dragaera

What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

Fri Jun 30 05:31:02 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 6/30/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Well, Vlad's meals when captive on Greenaere are pretty accounted for
>> (he lists them) and involve no mention of potato soup.
>
> Hm.  Well, perhaps I am reading
>
> "The latest one, the remains of which were on a wooden plate on the
> floor next to me, involved boiled vegetables and a bit of fish"
>
> and interpolating that the boiled vegetables were mostly potatoes.
...wondering how one eats soup out of a wooden plate...

Boiled Vegetables != Soup

So even if they *were* potatoes, I'm not convinced.

> There is also mention of a spicy potato soup at Valabar's.
>
> I suspect that if the potato soup had been prepared in the style of
> Ambrus and/or Valabar's, Vlad would not have thought of it as a bad
> thing.
Well, I don't think Ambrus cooks for the prisoners. (Or, if he does, he
likely doesn't put as much care into it as for the royal family...)

But if Potato Soup is common in Fenario there's probably quite a few
different people who make it.

Majikjon