Dragaera

OT: Superman Returns (Implied Spoilers)

Fri Jun 30 10:14:09 PDT 2006

I saw Superman Returns on Wednesday night. Overall, I considered the movie entertaining and a creditable effort, but nothing I'd go out of my way to see more than once. The critics gave it an average rating of "B-", and I'd say that's about right.

Anyway, what I thought I'd share with the list was something that kept popping into my head every time the subject of the romantic involvement between Superman and Lois Lane came up during the movie (i.e. fairly frequently). Has anyone ever read or heard of Larry Niven's short story "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"? Niven speculates as to what the consequences of an intimate relationship between a human woman and a Kryptonian male. Here's a link: http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

I figured it would be an interesting off-topic thread to kick off...
One who indulges in gluttony is a glutton. A person who commits a felony is a felon...God is an iron. - Spider Robinson
Add photos, news, and blogs about the World Cup to your Live.com homepage!
http://www.live.com/getstarted