Dragaera

What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:22:32 PDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

> >Conclusion:    Teleportation is not as common as we see, and much more
> >difficult around the world than we might guess.
>
> No argument here.
>
> Keep in mind that "our heroes" are all pretty exceptional people.

True. But we also see it being used by low-level Jhereg enforcers
(Vlad's first hit in /Taltos/ has a buddy who teleports home) and it
seems to be assumed that most Dragons know how to do it (teleport
blocks in /Dragon/, Vlad's thoughts in /Orca/ while being trailed by
Loftis and Domm). Vlad refers to it as part of "the simple stuff" in
/Issola/, and it certainly seems useful enough to be one of the first
things you'd try to learn. So it's not completely uncommon either, at
least among the urban population.

-Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,