Dragaera

What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jul 7 15:06:25 PDT 2006

"Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
07/07/06 02:58 PM

"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: What are the obvious hanging plot hooks?

>My point is that if it only interfered with the /source/ of the
>teleportation instead of the object being teleported, Vlad would be
>unable to teleport without removing the stone, but he wouldn't need to
>take it off for Sethra to teleport him.

Well, this certainly seems to be correct.

The gold stone affects sorcery anywhere around it--whether that sorcery is
being done nearby or from afar, the effects cannot penetrate the aura of
the Gold stone.

>Except that Teldra also uses Timmer's method. My reading of /Orca/ is
>that Vlad had the gold stone, but not the nevermind box, when he was
>being trailed by Loftis and Domm.

...Which I can confirm, as I was in the middle of re-reading /Orca/ when I
posted that, and then right after I hit "send" I got to the end of chapter
6, where he mentions taking it off to teleport. Ah well. My memory is,
apparently, like a whatchacallit.

The nevermind box, well, we don't *know* that he didn't have it during
/Orca/, he just never specifically mentions it until /Issola/.

He must have had *some* method for blocking its effects in that puch of
his, however.

Majikjon