Onlinerpg

Greetings!

Rick Castello rick at 404.978.org
Tue Jun 18 09:27:25 PDT 2002

David Dyer-Bennet said:
> "Rick Castello" <rick at 404.978.org> writes:
>
>>      If not, I can offer a home, at least temporarily, depending on
>>      our needs.  I use so many qualifiers because I am hosting on my
>>      own home server from a DSL connection.
>
> Just for amusement value, let me mention that dragaera.info, these
> mailing lists, and a *bunch* of other stuff are all hosted on a Linux
> server sitting (at this moment) on the desk next to me here in my
> basement.  On the net via a DSL connection (768k both ways).
>
> (The server is *supposed* to be up on a shelf in front of me, but it's
> been on the desk since the last round of disk problems.  I really
> should move it back soon.)

     Here's a thought, then.  (I have to keep myself from falling
     into pre-Interregnum speech while reading TPG)

     Why don't we try hosting the RPG stuff on the same dragaera.info
     server, and if/when it begins to outgrow it, we split off a portion
     and host it on my Linux server (that is on its shelf).

     Perhaps host game info on one server and message board posts on
     another?  We can point subdomains at each box so as not to be too
     confusing, or even just alias subdirectories to do the same.

     Thoughts?

     [I'm running Red Hat 7.2 Linux, Apache, PHP4, and various other
      goodies.]

     -Rick