Readalong

First up?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sat Jun 15 14:14:54 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:16:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> writes:
>
> > And the big question, what's the rate?  That's going to be
> > trickier than it looks; too fast will lose people, but so
> > will too slow.  If it's too slow, the readlong book can't
> > be my main book for reading, which will make everything
> > immensely more complicated.
>
> Since the concensus seems to be by-chapter rather than
> by-book, making it your main reading book is probably a lost
> cause.  Anyway, I think eveyone here reads faster than they
> can discus.

Thinking about it, the pace of discussion that feels good doesn't
match the pace of reading for a primary book, so that's *another*
reason it's probably a lost cause.  So I'm officially giving up on
thinking about the readalong book being my primary book.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net