Readalong

[DbS] TPG:ch3-ch5

Thu Jun 27 11:31:38 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com writes:

> Note also the sword sign
> Aerich notices later, the Painted Sign later this book, and
> the closed sign in _Orca_ (am I the only one frightened by
> the thought of illiterate folks using a commecial bank?).

(Now that you mention it: no kidding!)

> Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> writes:
>
> > p47: "high wrought iron" {'i' in "high" has faint extra
> >     dots in my copy}
>
> Not in my copy (third printing mass market).

I guess mine's the 5th printing.  It's actually only 1 extra dot, and
is probably just a stray mark.  My hc copy of _Tam Lin_ had a stray,
um, "ball" or "rock" embedded in one of the pages, and some other book
had shiny flecks in some pages.

>  Were you the
> one who was missing a few letters in _Phoenix_?

Heh.  Yes.  (I guess I pay more attention to these things ever since
some years ago I saw the complaint that books "these days" have more
typos than in the past.  That might be true, but not to such an extent
that it is obvious to me.)

- tky