Readalong

Notes: TPG 12-14

Thu Jul 18 20:29:10 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com writes:

> [page 122]
>
> Tech note: colored(!) strips of paper used as bookmarks

In addition to being colored, I interpreted them to be labeled, like
tabs on folders in a filing cabinet.

> No tax on expenditures for "cultural matters".  It sounds as
> if you're taxed on what you spend, instead of (in addition
> to?) what you earn.

Ah, that's something to consider.  I did assume that, like the U.S.,
there is both sales tax (what you spend) and income tax (what you
earn).

In any event, monthly expenditure reports still seem a bit strange to
me.

> [page 127]
>
> No furniture in this room?

Or something like old Japanese tradition.  (Ouch.  I'm not very
flexible, so sitting cross-legged doesn't work well for me.)

> [page 132]
>
> Sethra is friends with these two?

Hm.

> [page 136]

For maximum effect, don't drop the philosopher's name :)

Daridd
> Map: Diar-by-the-Bennaat
David  Dyer  -     Bennet <-- I don't think that's coincidence.

> [page 139]
>
> Everlasting Fountain of Prince Westmount?

Hm.  Is this a geyser, like Old Faithful?

> [page 143]
>
> Illista is Marchioness of the Twicetied Hills

What the heck does "twicetied" mean?

- tky