Readalong

Readalong reassessment? [Notes: TPG ch 18-20]

Sun Aug 18 11:03:53 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com writes:
> In a message dated Fri, 16 Aug 2002 5:28:14 PM Eastern
> Standard Time, Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> writes:
>
> > I'm still taking DbS notes, but I'm behind.  Maybe I'll get
> > a chance to post some notes this weekend.
>
> Me too.
>
> > Konrad, I hope you're still chugging along, too.
>
> It seems that I've read ch. 21-23, but haven't done my notes
> for them yet.

DDB and Scott Ingram said they couldn't stand the pace and went ahead
and finished the book weeks ago, which doesn't surprise me.  I've said
a number of times that I think a readalong should be scheduled for
*after* everyone (who wants to) to have finished a first pass through
the book.

-snip-
> Another thing: based on my experience with _Issola_, I may
> have to read _Paths_ *twice* before I can even *think* about
> reading another book.  I was originally planning on having
> my FHYA notes done before then (and this is still possible),
> but maybe we should just put the readalong on hold until
> after everyone has had a chance to read _Paths_.

Yeah, I don't think I'd be up for a FHYA readalong immediately after
finishing the TPG readalong, and would want a chance to read Paths
before doing another readalong.

- tky