Dragaera

Teckla, Cawti, Book Covers, and Whatnot

Fri Jun 7 08:58:57 PDT 2002

At 11:22 AM 6/7/2002 -0400, Beldarrin at aol.com wrote:

>      I think the book covers are just wonderful, especially cute l'il
> Loiosh.  One thing bothers me, though.  Why does Vlad have such light
> hair on the covers, and no whiskers?  It gets me kind of confused, but
> then, I confuse easily.

As I've said before, I think the covers are wonderful, but neither Vlad nor
Loiosh look in the least the way I envision them.  There's no reason why
they should, either.  The point of the cover, in my opinion, is to grab the
attention of the sort of person who would be inclined to like the
book.  There is no reason, in my opinion, for the picture on the cover to
match the description inside--except emotionally.

(In my own vision of Loiosh, he has two legs, is smaller, smoother, his
head is more snakelike, and his wings more batlike).

>      And finally, we come to a question I doubt will (or can, maybe, at
> this point) be answered.  What happened to Vlad in the two years between
> "Phoenix" and "Athyra?"  How did his pinky get missing?  (Oh, the suspense!)

Oh come now, Steph.  Vlad has explained how his pinky became missing.  At
least two or three different times.  Just because the various explanations
were mutually exclusive is no reason to doubt them.  :-)