Dragaera

Another Turn of Subject

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Jun 7 12:07:54 PDT 2002

tyan at twcny.rr.com (Thomas Yan) writes:

> Could you make each page in the book a separate document,
> e.g. Dragon-Ch3-p72?  Then returning the document automatically gives
> you the book, the chapter, and --for at least one edition-- the page
> number, from which you could also get "20% into the chapter", like you
> describe below:

I *could*, but it would have consequences.  For example, looking for a
phrase that crossed the page boundary would always fail, and looking
for things "near" each other wouldn't find them on separate pages.

> P.S. I'm switching to the digest.  All this traffic is neat, but it is a
>      constant flood!

Let me know if it works; it's supposed to be there, but I don't
believe I've done anything to test it.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net