Dragaera

New Lists?

Fri Jun 7 15:43:46 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:42:48PM -0400, Starshadw at aol.com wrote:
> Actually, I think supplemental lists are a great idea, although perhaps what
> we should do is just split off the RPG stuff, and leave the group reads here
> on the main list?  Of course, if all goes well, most of the RPG talk should
> move to the message board on the website (once it gets created and such).
>
> You know, another option would be to create a message board with sub-areas
> for different things, then phase out the list(s) and then there wouldn't be
> the problem of lots and lots of Email (doesn't bother me much, as I'm used to
> vast amounts of Email).

This has the side effect of effectively preventing me (and
others, I'm sure) from participating.  I can't stand web-based
message boards, while I live and breathe mailing lists.

I don't mind the existance of a message board, but there are
better ways to do it than phasing out the list.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)