Dragaera

Top-Posting Yendi seeks Teckla Artist

Fri Jun 7 21:29:38 PDT 2002

Basically, this e-mail is a bunch of ridiculous comments and questions that I thought I would combine into one.  So let's get down to business.

First, just finished reading Yendi, and loved it muchly.  It has, in fact, my second favourite line ever in one of Steve's books.

    "How many Yendi does it take to sharpen a sword?  Three.  One to sharpen the sword, and one to confuse the issue."

I laughed for a good period of time.  Unfortunately, I was on a bus heading to work, so I got several odd looks.  Also, the Monty Python reference when Morrolan and Vlad were discussing their upcoming confrontation with the Sorceress in Green was great too.  My favourite line from one of Steve's books is I believe from 'The Gypsy', which is just pure evil.

    "Why are you doing this?"
    "Because I can."

I have a thing for evil.  I'm not evil myself, but you can always appreciate and respect a well-written, evil character.  Anyways, Teckla is next, so I get to see what all of you have been so up-in-arms about over the last few days! ;-)

But now for the questions, of which there are two.  The first is regarding 'Paths of the Dead'.  I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but is this a book entirely on it's own, or is it the first volume of Viscount?

The second question is about art.  I'm wondering if there is any fanart or even official art for any of the Vlad novels or the Khaavren Romances?  I heard someone mention on this list an illustrated version of Jhereg, but I can't find it online for the life of me.  I just think it would be nice to see some of our favourite characters 'in the flesh', as it were.  I mean, I know /I'm/ curious about what all the fuss was about when Aliera came to court in Five Hundred Year After. ;-)

Mark Porter
If He Can't Do It, Most Anyone Else Can