Dragaera

New Lists?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sat Jun 8 13:07:17 PDT 2002

Starshadw at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 6/7/2002 6:34:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> dragaera at juima.org writes:
>

> > Although I think we should let the list run just a wee bit longer before
> > already talking about phasing it out :)
>
> Eh, I like both, so either works for me.  I wasn't actually voting for
> getting rid of the listserv, it was only a thought to toss out since we have
> already gotten 2 or 3 people talking about the mail volume. :)

Adding additional lists is easy technically at this end.

The RPG discussion, if it continues and gets big, seems a good
candidate (or moving to their own web board if preferred).  The "read
this together" discussion also makes good sense -- having a private
"room" to have that discussion in seems like a net win.  Mentioning on
the main list each time you're about to start something would be
sensible too, if split off.

A web board is unlikely; we discussed that quite a bit before
launching this list.  There *is* a nice threaded indexed archive of
this mailing list on the web, though.  Adding a mechanism to post to
the mailing list from that might happen (but is *not* technically
simple; I'd have to delve into the ezmlm-cgi code pretty seriously).

David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/