Dragaera

New Lists?

Sat Jun 8 15:44:18 PDT 2002

As for mail volume, let me add another email to the volume on the topic!

I, too, was surprised at the volume...but, using Outlook, like many others,
I quickly set up a folder and "rule" to automatically move emails from this
list to the folder, and out of my inbox.  That way they don't clog up my
inbox, and I can  go through all of the emails at my leisure when I need a
Dragaera fix.  This is working great for me, just my two cents....thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Harrison
503.645.0595

-----Original Message-----
From: David Dyer-Bennet [mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 1:07 PM
To: dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject: Re: New Lists?

Starshadw at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 6/7/2002 6:34:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> dragaera at juima.org writes:
>

> > Although I think we should let the list run just a wee bit longer before
> > already talking about phasing it out :)
>
> Eh, I like both, so either works for me.  I wasn't actually voting for
> getting rid of the listserv, it was only a thought to toss out since we
have
> already gotten 2 or 3 people talking about the mail volume. :)

Adding additional lists is easy technically at this end.

The RPG discussion, if it continues and gets big, seems a good
candidate (or moving to their own web board if preferred).  The "read
this together" discussion also makes good sense -- having a private
"room" to have that discussion in seems like a net win.  Mentioning on
the main list each time you're about to start something would be
sensible too, if split off.

A web board is unlikely; we discussed that quite a bit before
launching this list.  There *is* a nice threaded indexed archive of
this mailing list on the web, though.  Adding a mechanism to post to
the mailing list from that might happen (but is *not* technically
simple; I'd have to delve into the ezmlm-cgi code pretty seriously).

David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/