Dragaera

brokedown palace

Lisa Grant Coffin lisa at spindot.com
Sat Jun 8 22:17:33 PDT 2002

Hello All

I just finished my re-read of Brokedown Palace.
As is usual, I realized I missed a few things the last time I read it.
Brigitta, who, according to one of the Dragaera FAQ's online, is Cawti's mother,
was fathered by *something* other than an easterner. She said her father
used to change shape to irritate her mother. Demon? God? How might this
affect Cawti?

Also....having finally secured 'Phoenix' after several years of keeping my eyes peeled;
more questions came to light regarding the gods and magic. For instance, in Brokedown
Palace, Sandor had no sorcery once Verra was "killed" (expelled?) and thus sunk into the River.
In Phoenix, where there was no Orb; or sorcery, Verra could not reach Vlad. There also
seemed to be limited psionic ability as well; and witchcraft wasn't working. Note this
never affected Loiosh and Vlad's psionic communication. Comments? Analysis?

Lisa Grant Coffin,
who found 'Athyra' on a remote windswept cliff in Nova Scotia, upon which an exile built a cafe that sold used sci-fi-fantasy.