Dragaera

[dragaera] Mathew Hunter

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Jun 10 12:36:41 PDT 2002

Sander <dragaera at juima.org> writes:

> Matthew Hunter wrote:
> > My messages are cryptographically signed by GPG.  They are NOT
> > virus-infected.  Adam's mail client, and/or virus-scanning mail
> > server, is broken.  Badly.
>
> *chuckles heartily*
> Since Enigmail (the 'plugin' for Mozilla that allows you to use GPG)
> finally is capable of PGP/MIME as well, I was planning to start
> signing all my email by default. Now I think I'd better refrain from
> doing so for a while longer - at least on lists where people are using
> YACMSP :)

It could also be partly my fault; the list is configured to remove
mime parts other than text/plain, and possibly the result when it
takes a "multipart/signed" and removes the signature part may not be
valid; or may be valid but unusual and enough to confuse programs.
(Looking at Matthew's messages after passing through the list, the
header says they are "multipart/signed" but there are no boundaries
within the message.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net