Dragaera

META (was: Readalong-ing)

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 17:47:20 PDT 2002

In a message dated Tue, 11 Jun 2002  8:01:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Starshadw at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 6/11/2002 3:52:35 PM Mountain Daylight
> Time, Gaertk at aol.com writes:
>

>> How do we want to handle spoiler protection when new
>> books come out?  I suggest putting "SPOILER" in the
>> subject and at least ten lines of spoiler space
>> preceding the spoilers.
>>
>> How long should we require spoiler protection?  One
>> month?

Clarification:  I was talking about spoiler protection for
NEW books discussed on the main list (my fault for
responding to a read along post).

> Well, technically, the readalong is supposed to work like
> a book club.  So, the list would pick one book and then
> decide on how to "divvy" it up.  For example, it might be
> decided to just give everyone a week to re-read an entire
> book, after which time whoever was leading the discussion
> would throw our some thoughts/questions to just get the
> discussion going.  After that, others would of course
> respond and toss out ideas of their own.  Or, we might
> decide to do a certain number of chapters per week
> instead of the entire book.

I'm going to address these issues in another post on the
readalong list.

META

It took me two tries to subscribe to the readalong list,
and the same thing happened when I tried to suscribe to
the main list.  I'm not sure about the latter, but with the
readalong list in my first attempt I cut&pasted to address
given in the subscribe message, and the second time I just
replied.

Also, the web archive doesn't seem to thread messages; if
you view by threads, you only get the latest message of
each thread.

And there's still nothing that says how to get the digest.

--KG