Dragaera

Question about "Replying"

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Thu Jun 13 09:47:00 PDT 2002

Starshadw at aol.com writes:

> Can you set up the mailing lists so that when people click on their
> "Reply" buttons, it goes to the dragaera at dragaera.info address, and
> not their address?  Otherwise, people are inclined now to hit the
> addresses, and people end up getting the same message twice - once
> through the list, and once through their own Email.

Technically it's easy.  The problem is that it throws away information
that can't be recovered any other way in a relatively few
circumstances.  A secondary problem is that it makes it hard to reply
privately, and in turn makes it easy to *accidentally* send to the
list something you *intended* to send privately.

See, for example, http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

I hit "Followup" and then edit out the individual addresses, myself.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net