Dragaera

Spoiler protection

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 11:37:38 PDT 2002

In a message dated Thu, 13 Jun 2002  2:28:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, terrick at cox.net writes:

> >>    It is also the opinion of this FAQ writer that anyone
> >>    who braves a post marked "Spoilers!" in the header
> >>    gets exactly what he or she deserves,
>
> I disagree if you have spoiler in the subject line then you can filter
> those from the list with spoiler into another folder for such items, and
> even go so far as to instantly trash them if your not
> interested in
> reading such content.

I have to agree with the two sentiments above.  Not only that, but what exactly are we going to be discussing on a group read list except the books, which means that -every- -single- -post- will probably contain spoilers.  Frankly, having to type "Spoiler" into the subject line is a waste of character space.  Here on the general list is a different story.

I think we'd be better off putting the title or an abbreviation of the title onto the subject line.  That way, if someone hasn't read "Orca" then they know to simply delete those messages without opening them and reading them.

Stacy