Dragaera

How did you discover ... ?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Thu Jun 13 20:40:16 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated Thu, 13 Jun 2002  6:42:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tyan at twcny.rr.com (Thomas Yan) writes:
>
> > I'm curious.  How did you discover Steve's books, and how
> > did you learn of this mailing list?
>
> I used to hang out on rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan,
> where I eventually heard of Brust (and Pratchett), and then
> I started hanging out on rec.arts.sf.written to discuss
> them (where I discovered tons of other authors).
>
> I learned of this list from DDB's post to rasfw (I wouldn't
> have noticed Brust's mention on his website since I always
> go straight to the weblog).
>
> Interestingly enough, about an hour or so before Thomas
> wrote his post, I posted about this list to the Brust
> Yahoo group, in the hopes of alerting Damien and Mark (and
> anyone else there interested).

I'm glad someone did.  I knew about that group, but it seemed to me
bad form to drop in as somebody who had never posted before and try to
attract the members somewhere else.  But on the other hand certainly
the members would be interested to know.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net