Dragaera

[readalong] What first?

Thu Jun 13 21:04:32 PDT 2002

Gaertk at aol.com wrote on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:05:22
> Since some people wanted notifications on this list of when
> we start readalongs, should we then discus what to read
> next here also?

My suggestion is that it be announced here that book selection is
about to start, but actual discussion be on readalong.  (Have we
waited long enough to give those interested a chance to sign up?)

The archive means it is not necessary to do so, but an optional
courtesy might be to wait 24 hours after the announcement to start
discussion, in case digest mechanics means that people (re)signing up
for readalong might miss some messages posted before they sign up.

> If so, I'd like to start off by suggesting using my
> chronological order (posted earlier), which means starting
> with _The Phoenix Guards_.  And if we handle things right,
> we should be able to schedule it so we're ending our
> discussion of _Five Hundred Years After_ when _Paths of the
> Dead_ show up.

That sounds like a good book to start with, and I think it also means
spoilers for other books are much less likely.

- tky