Dragaera

[readalong] What first?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Thu Jun 13 21:32:12 PDT 2002

tyan at twcny.rr.com (Thomas Yan) writes:

> Gaertk at aol.com wrote on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:05:22
> > Since some people wanted notifications on this list of when
> > we start readalongs, should we then discus what to read
> > next here also?
>
> My suggestion is that it be announced here that book selection is
> about to start, but actual discussion be on readalong.  (Have we
> waited long enough to give those interested a chance to sign up?)

I'd also prefer that the discussion be conducted over in the readalong
list.  And am inclined to think that it's really time to move the
discussion of how to organize the readlong list over to the readalong
list.  (Remember: I'm *not* the person in charge of this list, these
are my personal opinions only and not a directive with any force to
it.)

(Sometimes gets confusing being simultaneously the person owning the
hardware this runs on, the most visible voice (how's that for a mixed
metaphor!) of the top level "owners" of the site, a very opinionated
human being, and *not* the person actually in charge of this list.  I
*try* to keep from throwing my *weight*, as opposed to my *opinions*,
around.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net