Dragaera

*Readalong* Spoiler protection [was: Spoiler protection]

Fri Jun 14 00:57:02 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:00:26AM -0400, Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> [slightly rearranged]
> "Lori Reeder" <moodygrrl at earthlink.net> wrote on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:40:01
> > [...] I would like to participate in the read-along but if  we
> > have to follow alot of complicated spoiler rules [...]
> I want simple rules, too.  "Must protect if newer than <x> months"
> strike *me* as more complicated than "always protect" :)

Tell you what.

Can you define criteria under which an on-topic message would NOT
deserve spoiler protection?

If you can, then we can have a discussion about whether that
criteria is more or less suitable than "time since publication".

If you can't, then lets put a warning *prominently* in the list
rules that spoilers are rampant and if you have not read
everything available, beware... because we'll be
spoiler-protecting every message anyway and we might as well be
efficient about it.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)