Dragaera

Devera [was: protection]

Michael S. Schiffer mss2 at attbi.com
Fri Jun 14 10:38:12 PDT 2002

At 01:21 PM 6/14/2002 -0400, Thomas Yan wrote:
>Starshadw at aol.com wrote on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:26:29 EDT
>- snip entertaining stuff :) -
> > [...] I like that you (meaning
> > Steve) don't give anything away, although I'd be willing to give you
> (again
> > Steve) one of my ovaries to know who/what Devera really is.
>
>Spoilers for all Vlad books published thru Issola, plus Brokedown
>Palace, and, to muddy the waters, maybe --or maybe not-- some
>unattributed spoilers from Steve himself.

Still spoilers:

>She's a god.  (She's not a demon: Can you imagine her being under
>someone else's control? :) (Hm.  Interesting that it skipped a
>generation [1].)

Do we know that it did?  IIRC, Sethra mentioned in _Issola_ that she'd been
offered godhood.  That implies that Aliera might be able to take up godhood
at some point in the future.  Granted, Devera seems to have picked it up at
an earlier age than Aliera is now.  (*Seems*-- she's a time-travelling
likely-immortal probable-shapeshifter, and could be any age from the child
she appears to be to older than Sethra when she decides to go back and
observe her origins.  But from her behavior, she's probably actually young
most of the times we see her.)

Mike