Dragaera

*Dragaera* Spoiler protection

Fri Jun 14 11:32:05 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:44:24PM -0400, Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Matthew Hunter <matthew at infodancer.org> wrote on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:57:02
> > On Fri, Jun 14, 2002, Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> > If you can't, then lets put a warning *prominently* in the list
> > rules that spoilers are rampant and if you have not read
> > everything available, beware...
> Well, how do other people feel about this approach, especially if
> you're one of the ones who haven't read all the books you intend to?

I think we're both interested in the answer to this.

> This seems to me like a great way to scare people off.

How is this different than putting spoiler warnings into every
message?

> > because we'll be
> > spoiler-protecting every message anyway and we might as well be
> > efficient about it.
> Please explain why a simple "Rampant spoilers for everything Brustian"
> warning is significantly inefficient?

Look at the amount of traffic we can generate when discussions
are running.  Are you seriously arguing that typing a spoiler
warning into every message -- of which there are already nearly
300, in a week or so -- is NOT significantly less efficient than
a single warning?

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)