Dragaera

Devera [was: protection]

Fri Jun 14 20:57:07 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Monty Ashley" <monty at montykins.com>
To: <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: Devera [was: protection]

> > Spoilers for all Vlad books published thru Issola, plus Brokedown
> > Palace, and, to muddy the waters, maybe --or maybe not-- some
> > unattributed spoilers from Steve himself.

> > So you can take her appearing in non-Dragaeran books
> > as either (a) something to handwave away by the fact that she's a god,
> > or (b) evidence that she can manifest in all sorts of places,
> > i.e. evidence that she is a god.
>
> I vote for b). While she's a child, she spends her time either hanging
> around Verra's palace or randomly traveling through dimensions and time.
> Eventually, it seems like she'll grow up, and I would think she'd have
even
> more power then. If not an actual god, certainly close enough for most
> purposes.

I'm not certain that she'd have even more power after being born. As in all
children, her 'potential' is probably much greater than the 'actualized'
adult she'd grow into.

My apologies for clipping out the spoiler protection in my previous post.  I
realized what I'd done about 3 seconds after clicking on 'send'.