Dragaera

Devera [was: protection]

Sat Jun 15 10:54:29 PDT 2002

From: "Lisa Grant Coffin" <lisa at spindot.com>
>I have a theory-query of my own........how about that Aliera was
>pregnant when she was 'displaced' at Adron's disaster. By Mario, of course.
>This leads to interesting possibilities about Devera's birth and subsequent
>level of talents and abilities.

Um, are you and others aware that Steve has in fact revealed who
Devera's father is?  It's in an interview at the Sequential Tart
website -- <http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/feb01/brust.shtml>

For those of you who are impatient, I'll reveal it below -- after some
spoiler protection....

!

'

!

Her father is Kieron the Conqueror(!)

That's all the information given in the interview, but we can speculate
that he came out of the Paths of the Dead when Aliera gave away his sword,
as he promised/threatened in _Taltos_.

Or maybe something even stranger happened.

--
   David Goldfarb       <*>|"If I haven't killed you yet, I'll take care of
goldfarb at ocf.berkeley.edu  | it right away."