Dragaera

Siblings [Dragaeran Gender Equality??]

Sun Jun 23 18:24:06 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <Gaertk at aol.com>
To: <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Siblings [Dragaeran Gender Equality??]

Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> writes:

> > Tangent: What siblings have we seen, period? Savn has a
> > sister in _Athyra_, but no other examples, Easterner or
> > Dragaeran, leaps immediately to my mind.
>
> Miklos has three brothers, and some of the folktales in BP
> mention siblings (I remember the strong prince/smart prince
> one), and Brigitta may have had siblings.  For some reason
> I suspect Noish-pa or Vlad's father had siblings.  And
> someone may want to check _Teckla_ to see if Paresh(?)
> mentions siblings.
>
> I think Adron had a sister.  And Kieron, Dolivar, and
> whoever Aliera was were siblings.  And Verra supposedly
> has two sisters (Night and Pain I think).
>
> Pretty much everyone we meet is an adult on their own, so
> we never get much chance to learn about thier families.
>
> --KG

In 'Athyra' the guy who dies ( I'm too lazy to look up his name) has three
children; two daughters and a son. In 'The Phoenix Guards' the Captain of
Khaavren's unit is the ' poor younger son of a poor father'. I think that
the 'elfs' have multiple children, especially if there is an inheritance to
ensure the continuance of the line. The society is decadent and people have
children or not as the mood strikes them. This is exascerbated by the long
life span.

Ian