Dragaera

Siblings [Dragaeran Gender Equality??]

Richard Suitor rsuitor at cjwrfs.net
Sun Jun 23 19:33:46 PDT 2002

On 23 Jun 2002 21:16:27 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>
wrote:

>If dragaerans are fertile a proportional amount of their lifespan, the
>first child could well be away from home before the second came along
>often.  They'd *be* siblings, but not having grown up together,
>probably wouldn't have many of the trappings of siblinghood that we're
>used to.

Good point.  In fact, since Khaavren seems to be 95 in actuality
when we first meet him, but perhaps equivalent to 17 to 19 in
human development, one could assume that they mature relatively
faster and are fertile longer.  ( a factor of 5 in reaching
maturity, a factor of many tens in lifetime ?  )   Thus
strengthening your point.

Richard