Dragaera

"Fantasy" Films

Lisa Grant Coffin lisa at spindot.com
Thu Jun 27 15:36:43 PDT 2002

figmentality <rone at ennui.org> wrote:
> Frank Mayhar writes:
<snip>   Not recent, but I only have one word to say about this:  Dune.
>   (Poor Herbert is spinning in his grave.)
>
> Although this is drifting off topic, Herbert noted in the introduction
> to "Eye" that, given the constraints, he was fairly happy with the
> movie.

the version of dune that ran as a serial on the sci-fi channel was
inordinately better (in my humble opinion) than the movie version with sting
et al. it is well worth watching, and is much more interesting in terms of
maintaining the integrity of the writing than the rather campy
flash-gordon-style movie version.

lisa grant coffin