Dragaera

"Fantasy" Films

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Thu Jun 27 18:17:29 PDT 2002

Andrew Bailey <andrew at networkharmoni.com.au> writes:

> Randi128 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > I have been disaapointed with many of the recent releases, namely
> > Starship Troopers. A great book could have been made into a great
> > movie. The director and producers chose instead to adapt the book to
> > fit their budget.
>
> Ok I have to disagree with this. I found Starship Troopers to be a good
> film not so much cause of its special effects, but more because of it
> being an underlying resistant adaption of the book. That is one of the
> things I enjoy about SF is the commentry upon society.

We're getting a bit off-topic here, but I have to say that the movie
of Starship Troopers was offensively stupid (farting superluminal
asteroids????) *and* was grossly and intentionally disrespectful to
the book it claimed to be based on.

Did I mention I have strong opinions about this?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net