Dragaera

"Fantasy" Films

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Jun 28 10:05:51 PDT 2002

"Nigel Leslie" <to_nige at mail.com> writes:

> With all due respect I think you have have been looking merely at the
> 'Bug-Hunting' veneer of the movie of Starship Troopers.
> There are some very strong anti-fascist and proganda statements within the
> movie, often hidden within metaphor and symbolism. The Director's Commentary
> on the DVD version is particularly enlightening, almost predicting America's
> current (and future?) stance.

I feel like it's getting a bit far off-topic for here, anyway, so I'm
going to let it drop for now.  If he'd wanted to make a movie
completely unrelated to Starship Troopers (which is in no way Fascist;
it's closer to Libertarian), I think he shouldn't have claimed to be
making a movie of Starship Troopers.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net