Dragaera

Vlad Interview Questions -- Final Version

Fri Jul 19 23:48:35 PDT 2002

*laugh* *applause*

(Thanks for taking the time to answer).

There are still spoilers below...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:25:45PM -0700, Steven Brust <skzb at dreamcafe.com> wrote:
> At 02:38 AM 7/19/2002 -0500, Matthew Hunter wrote:
> >6) In some of your tales, you have mentioned suspicions that
> >your memory had been altered at some point.  You have so far
> >failed to follow up on these allegations.  Did it slip your
> >mind?
> You go investigate.  Tell me what you find out.

Hmm.  I wonder if this indicates there are clues?

> >7) There are a few scenes (before you met Cawti) which could be
> >read to imply a certain amount of romantic tension between
> >yourself and Kiera.  Any comment?
> You're dreaming, boy.

Not sure whether this is Vlad saying "buzz off" or Vlad saying "I
don't know what you're talking about".  If the latter, there are
something like two throwaway lines concerning mildly involved
kisses between Vlad and Kiera (one per book?), never mentioned
again.  I'm obviously going to have to dig out the books, find
the references, and start a Loony Theory Compilation[1].

> >8) Following your realization concerning Kiera and Sethra, have
> >you given any further thought to the events early in your life
> >which brought you into contact with Sethra, Morrolan, et al?
> Yes.  A lot.

I wonder if we'll be seeing the results of this before long...

> >9) Some of your fans have speculated that Kragar is Mario.
> >Does this speculation... concern you in any way?
> Tell Kragar.  He'll get a kick out of it.

*chuckle*

> >  Would you know if you had?
> So, let me get this straight: You are wondering if my mind has been
> tampered with?  And you're the one conducting an interview with a fictional
> character?

I *know* my mind has been tampered with; I caught myself
red-handed!

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)

1: (Beware, for I am a Veteran of the diverse Bela[2] threads.)
2: Yes, those[3] Bela threads.
3: rasfwr-j.  'nuff said.