Dragaera

Spoilers for Issola

Michael S. Schiffer mss2 at attbi.com
Sun Aug 4 21:56:12 PDT 2002

At 04:54 PM 8/1/2002 -0600, Craig wrote:
>>7. Can 'Lady Teldra' be separated into its constituent parts, i.e.
>>'Spellbreaker' and a Morganti dagger, and what happpens to Lady Teldra's
>>soul if this happens?
>
>I'm guessing that it can be destroyed again, however it was in the first
>place since I'm going with the theory that this isn't the first time that
>Godslayer has been fully assembled.  And if it is destroyed I don't know,
>if there's enough of a soul left, it would probably go to the plane of
>waiting souls to wait to be reincarnated and if not, then it would just be
>lost without any kind of divine intervention.

It's possible that being in the immediate vicinity of what are now again a
sorcery-eating chain and a Morganti blade would not be healthy for the soul
in question.  Morganti blades can't normally destroy souls outside a body
(stabbing a corpse doesn't destroy the soul, for example) but Teldra's soul
is already *in* the blade.  Get rid of whatever turns the three components
into a Great Weapon, and the Morganti weapon may suddenly remember what it
normally does with souls in close proximity.

Mike