Dragaera

OT: Subjectivity vs. Objectivity (was: bois...)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Thu Aug 15 23:16:55 PDT 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Nytemuse wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
>> > K, while we're on this, does anyone practice
>> > "tetrapyloctomy" or have "triskadekaphobia"?
>>
>> Not sure, but I know this list has at least one practicing
>> heptadekaphiliac :)
>
>*blinkblink*  What, praytell, makes 17 better than 13?  I know I'm a
>triskadekaphiliac...  But that's due to screwing with superstition
>*giggle*
>Not sure what the significance of loving 17 is...

Hmm.  Have you forgotten which mailing list this is?

Well, maybe you are not aware of this signifier.  Here's a hint:
Pick up any book by Steve Brust, and count the number of chapters.  In
the case of the Khaavren romances, note where "Book One" ends & Book
Two begins.

If you don't want to bother, you could always follow this link created
by our esteemed colleague & fellow listmember:

   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/seventeen.html#17