Dragaera

OT: Subjectivity vs. Objectivity (was: bois...)

Mon Aug 19 20:32:39 PDT 2002

> "Relationship" has varying contextual meanings.  Certainly friendship
> *is* a relationship in one sense.  So is being enemies.  But in other
> contexts, which includes most contexts where you actually talk about
> the relationship by name, no, you don't have "relationships" with your
> friends.  It's even used for humor now and then, having somebody refer
> to "his relationship with X" and have people make the assumption that
> he means the "emotional/sexual entanglement" definition when he
> doesn't.

	And we can thank the business world for muddying the water even
further.  A business relationship begins at first meeting, either with a
transaction (money or just a business card)  or the promise or 'hopefulness'
of future transactions.  If anyone wishes to expound this further, go ahead.
My lunch break is over!

	Ambiguity abounds!

	Cheers

	Alan

are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please delete the e-mail & notify the system manager.
We reserve the right to scan all e-mail traffic for restricted content
and to monitor all e-mail traffic in general.
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender
and do not necessarily reflect the views of the organisation
by whom they are employed, except where the sender expressly
and with authority states them to be so.
This footnote also confirms that this email message
has been checked for the presence of computer viruses and script.
We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail is free from viruses.
Responsibility for virus checking rests entirely with the recipient.