Dragaera

Cawti

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Aug 26 15:38:53 PDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Penney, Sean wrote:

>Robert Wood said:

>>It would be really cool to read a Cawti novel dealing with how she
>>handles Vlad's turf.  It wouldn't even have to be one of the Vlad
>>books.  Anyone who marries Vlad has to be a dynamic character.

>It would also be interesting to see some of the events we are already
>familiar with through Cawti's eyes

I'd also like to see her early childhood - who trained her as a witch?
What happened to her mom, Brigitta?  How *did* an Easterner hook up
with a Dragaeran - and a Dragon ex-heir-to-the-Empire, no less?

I thought up some titles for a Cawti series, which I thought were
apropos and/or amusing:

> - such as her time as the Dagger of the Jhereg,

  "Sword & Dagger"

   (Subtitle:  "How I met Norathar and began a beautiful friendship")

>leading up to meeting/killing Vlad

   "The Taltos Contract"

   (Subtitle:  "How I got my man")

>and then her time with Kelly and his band of social agitators, etc

   "The People's Republic of South Adrilankha"

   (Subtitle:  "How I learned to start worrying and hate the Mob")

> touching base with Vlad while he is in the middle of the adventures
>we have already read -

   But she doesn't, does she?

>sort of like the Alexandrian Quartet -
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140153179

Note that you only need the URL up to the ASIN (which is the
ISBN) in order to access the book.  And this way, it doesn't wrap
on 80-column screens.