Dragaera

Wizardry Reference??

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Sun Sep 1 07:56:21 PDT 2002

I'm probably wrong, and I'm sure Steve will let me know if I am, but in
re-reading Dragon I just came across a rather interesting passage that I had
forgotten about....

SPOILER SPACE

"His left hand was clenched into a fist, turned up, and held stiffly out in
front of him at about chin height, the elbow bent.  His right hand and arm
were moving, going through various gyrations while the fingers extended,
contracted, wiggled, twitched and generally appeared to have a life of their
own.  Morrolan's eyes were narrowed to slits, and he was breathing loudly
through opened lips, creating a very slight whistling sound through his
clenched teeth."

"The thought, Earth, water, fire and air came into my mind as I compared left
hand, right hand, eyes and mouth; but I strongly suspect it wasn't anything
that simple.  I've seen sorcery, and I've seen witchcraft, and this didn't
look like either one.  I wasn't certain I wanted to know what it was."

Is this perhaps a reference to wizardry at work?

Stacy